This insurance can be stipulated by sports organizations, natural and legal entities for amateur and professional athletes. It can be stipulated for the period of one year or only for the period of the specific competition.
An athlete is insured when an accident occurs:
- During sport activity of the insured, during a training and competition in the subject sport discipline;
- At the time when the insured is on a continuous journey out of the head office of the sports organization whose member he/she is, including from home to the place determined for trainings or competition and on return home;
- When performing certain duties at order of the sports company management, such as: participation at sports meetings, conferences, procurement of sports equipment, etc, as well as while he/she is on a trip related to performance of these obligations.
If an insured event occurs, depending on the assumed risks, it is our obligation to pay out:
- The full insured sum in the event of death due to accident or full disability;
- Percentage of the insured sum stipulated for disability which corresponds to the percentage of partial disability according to the enclosed medical documentation;
- Stipulated amount of daily reimbursement for every day of temporary working disability caused due to accident;
- Treatment costs, if the insured needed medical aid due to an accident or incurred treatment costs.